Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The ALL DEPTH TEAM

I think there needs to be more notariety amongst depth forwards, but these guys character traits would probably make it the least desired award in the league, even less than the Lady Byng, since they're lunch-pail attitude is their biggest asset, and how do you single someone out and award that?

That said I'm naming my bottom six team, amassed of players in their natural position, that I would take on  my roster come playoff time, from teams in playoff contention.

Scott Hartnell       -  Jordan Staal        -  Dustin Brown
Shawn Thornton  -  Manny Malhotra  -  Cal Clutterbuck

Honourable mention to Jamie Langenbrunner, Brandon Prust, Travis Moen, Curtis Glenncross, Jon Madden and Travis Moen.

This group I can see might not have a true, by definition veteran, but many of them have been to the dance before.  My third line have all scored twenty goals in a season more than once.  Clutterbuck will this year and him and Brown are ferocious checkers.  Manny Malhotra is one of the best in face off winning percentage and I had to take Shawn Thornton just incase things get heated, he is a true fighter that has impressed so much this year, and a veteran.  So tough to leave Moen and Madden off, but I like my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment